Feed the snake

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

things to learn


After my last matchups I got a very clear view of what still has to be done..
In the first place, my takedowns need to improve, and not just the technique on its own, also the different aspects of the game.
The hand fighting is the first thing that comes to mind, I need to work more to create the angle's I need, because now I'm mostly waiting for something to present itself,and that just takes to long.
Further I will focus myself completely on my wrestling style of fighting,so I have a solid base.

For my guard work its obvious I need to work more on keeping my opponent where I want him.
A higher guard, more rubber guard and also more movement from the bottom, if he's not going to move then its up to me to start moving, this is also the reason I cracked my ribs this time,because I tried to force motion out of him.

Last points are my pressure, even though I'm pretty good at that, I need to reposition myself better, with strong and active fighters my poor positioning from the side control is costing me precious points.
And although my Passing the guard worked great I need to switch more between different technique's, so I dont become predictable.

Strength and conditioning will also play a bigger factor in the EC, So next week when my ribs are healed enough I will start my fitness regime again.
Cranking training up to 8 times a week in January.

If I better these things I will be ready for the EC for sure.

Those two pics floated around the web, the moment I injured my ribs(+-) and Christian with his medal.

No comments: