Feed the snake

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dutch open, when things just dont connect

Today was the big Dutch Open.
The final Gi tournament of the year, and for some reason, I just cant manage to create a lasting impression there..
In the first place my own matches started out with a bye, witch meant the second fight(my first) was already the semi final.. I won that on a RNC, and controlled the whole fight.( leo who apparently won the Scandinavian open) Sadly,the second fight was against Henk, a guy who I have fought 8 times now(!?!) but I cant really get the edge over him, and this fight ended with him winning with a 3-0 score..(I thought I had figured him out..) Making me the silver medal winner..
Nice,but not what I had hoped for(2 matches?!), still, preparations for this tournament where not as ideal as for the Amsterdam Open,so a lesser result wasnt such a surprise, and Henk is a good opponent.

The open class went oke, but yet again only two fights, but this time purely because of my own poor performance.

As a technical note too myself, I should get a more solid take down game, I should work more on controlling my opponent in the guard and making him work.
Besides that there is a load of small details I have to work on, Of which some Henry and Danny already pointed out for me.

No comments: